This program is designed for people with strong leadership skills who are early- to mid-career professionals and who are committed to making a lasting positive impact in their communities.
Who Should Apply?
• Entrepreneurs, and Social Innovators
• Small & medium business Owners and Managers who are investing in innovative socially conscious products and programs
• Individuals working in Civil Society/NGOs working on youth workforce training and development, increasing the role of marginalized populations in the economy, building financial literacy, training in technology use and IT development, and other efforts around economic empowerment
• Individuals working in University incubators, accelerators, and job-readiness programs, and programs focusing on business development, financial literacy, sustainable tourism, or economic development.
Individuals working in Government Agencies/Ministries, national policy offices, think-tanks, and offices working to increase the presence of underrepresented citizens in the economy.
Eligible candidates must be:
- 25-40 Years old
- A current citizen and resident of: Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt, Libya, or Lebanon
- Speak fluent to English (enough to work full-time in a US fellowship)
- Have at least two years‘ work experience in their field
- Currently employed
- Interest in hosting reciprocal program for Americans in your country
- Able to convene 25 or more colleagues for post-trip briefings
- Have demonstrated strong leadership skills and commitment to community
- Demonstrates initiative, teamwork, and openness
- Preference will be given to those who have not previously traveled on a U.S. government funded program.
Fellows are be selected through an open and merit-based competitive application process.