Morocco & Tunisia
Application: Open October 15 to November 30
Algeria, Egypt & Lebanon
Deadline for Algeria, Egypt, & Lebanon: We will begin accepting applications in January 2020
This program is designed for people with strong leadership skills who are early- to mid-career professionals and who are committed to making a lasting positive impact in their communities.
Legacy International conducts broad outreach to ensure a wide diversity of ethnicity, race, gender, religion, geographic location, and socio-economic status among participants. Legacy has an established record of including individuals with disabilities and has an open and inclusive application process. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We provide reasonable accommodations as needed to people with disabilities. Want to know more about reasonable accommodations?
Who Should Apply?
- Entrepreneurs and Social Innovators.
- Small & medium business Owners and Managers who are investing in innovative socially conscious products and programs.
- Individuals working in Civil Society/NGOs working on youth workforce training and development, increasing the role of marginalized populations in the economy, building financial literacy, training in technology use and IT development, and other efforts around economic empowerment.
- Individuals working in University incubators, accelerators, and job-readiness programs, and programs focusing on business development, financial literacy, sustainable tourism, or economic development.
- Individuals working in Government Agencies/Ministries, national policy offices, think-tanks, and offices working to increase the presence of underrepresented citizens in the economy.
Eligible candidates must be:
- 25-38 years old at time of application.
- A current citizen and resident of: Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt, or Lebanon
- Speak fluent to English (enough to work full-time in a US fellowship)
- Have at least two years‘ work experience in their field
- Currently employed
- Interest in hosting reciprocal program for Americans in your country
- Have demonstrated strong leadership skills and commitment to community
- Demonstrates initiative, teamwork, and openness
- Preference will be given to those who have not previously traveled on a U.S. government funded program.
Fellows are selected through an open, merit-based application process.