Employment & Internship Opportunities
POSITIONS CURRENTLY OPEN (as of March 20, 2015):
- Professional Fellows Program - Program Coordinator. This is a full time position, beginning late April or May. Applicants considered from Roanoke/Bedford/Lynchburg, VA area OR Washington DC metro area only. Application Deadline: April 3
- Saudi Young Leaders Program – Employment dates: varies by position. Job openings for: 1) Leadership Trainer / Trip Leader (Application Deadline: March 27); 2) Cultural Ambassadors/Interns. (Application Deadline: April 3)
- Arabic Language Institute. June 12 – July 30, 2015, Morocco. Job openings for Youth Group Leaders in this summer travel/study/cultural immersion program. Application Deadline: April 3
- TechGirls – Summer positions: 1) Digital Media & Leadership; 2) Trip Leader & Logistics Support; 3) Group Leader; 4) Program Support Intern. These positions begin either Jul 6 or 15 through August 13, 2015. Application Deadline – April 15. TechGirl Year Round Opening for a Program Coordinator (Roanoke, VA, Blacksburg, VA or Washington, DC based applicants only); Application Deadline: March 15 / Closed to new applicants.
- Global Youth Village – Employment dates: mid June through August 8, 2015 (beginning date varies by position). Hiring experienced educators, administrative staff, cabin counselors, lifeguards, food service staff, health care staff, and interns. (Rolling deadlines.) See GYV website for details and to download an application.
- Public Relations / Social Media Internship with Global Youth Village - Internship dates: mid April through Aug. 7, 2015. Begins as a part time position in April through late June (based in Richmond, VA). Internship shifts to full time in late June through early August, based at the Global Youth Village camp site. Application Deadline: March 15 CLOSED TO NEW APPLICANTS
Other internships not listed above: Additional internships occasionally open up throughout the year based out of Legacy’s home office in Bedford, Virginia. Applicants need to be living near the Bedford, Virginia region (Roanoke or Lynchburg areas). If interested, please send your resume to Leila Baz, Legacy’s Staff Outreach Coordinator. These typically are unpaid, part time internships.
We welcome receiving your resume to keep on file for future consideration. Please send to Leila Baz, Legacy’s Staff Outreach Coordinator.