Founded in 1979, as the Institute for Practical Idealism and later known as Legacy International was inspired by J.E. Rash’s vision. Helping people develop and refine the skills to effectively and sustainably address the needs of their societies in a way conducive to their local circumstances requires an emphasis on building long-lasting relationships around shared universal values.
Our work has spanned 105 countries and impacted over 700,000 people.
Building cooperative and productive lives through:
- cross-cultural training
- conflict prevention and resolution
- Social entrepreneurship
- curriculum development
- educator/ pedagogical programs
- student to student programming
Our work touches many lives:
- We engage emerging leaders worldwide
- Our participants return home with the skills to be energetic yet practical change-agents with new vision.
- We have partnered on five continents, and have worked with individuals from more than 100 countries.
- We have equipped organizations to work more effectively in a wide range of initiatives.
- We have hosted 120 delegations in the U.S. and in other countries-and have helped participants to gain new tools and perspectives.
- We have organized more than a dozen international training and conference events.
Our Partners and Funders:
- includes government agencies, foundations, corporations
- private donors, and tuition-paying participants
- We work with scores of partner organizations that share similar visions to build working coalitions, to accomplish set goals, and to share our expertise with others.