Congratulations to the 105 TechGirls who were selected for this year’s virtual TechGirls program from 12 countries across the MENA and Central Asia regions and the US for an exciting six-week virtual exchange for the start of their TechGirls journey!
Dates: June 28 to August 10, 2021
What does it involve?
- TechGirls commitment: 18 hours total per week. TechGirls have activities to do and post asynchronously as well as having real-time zoom meetings to discuss the results of their independent work with the group for approximately 1-2 hours each.
Global STEM Leaders
During the program the TechGirls will:
- Part One: Building common ground, sharing their backgrounds and cultures, and building a sense of shared purpose around social responsibility and leadership training
- Part Two: Engaging in the College Readiness Program and gaining an Introduction to Project Planning
- Part Three: Participating in one of four instructional course options from Virginia Tech
- Part Four: Exploring careers in STEM through our NASA Virtual experience and sessions with women leaders in the tech field in the USA
- Part Five: Project Planning with the Legacy team and support from TechWomen and TechGirls alumnae.
- The TechGirls groups come together for a closing summit at the end of the program and reflect on their experiences
At the end of the program, TechGirls will:
- Receive a certificate from the U.S. Department of State and Legacy International
- Be able to join the TechWomen-TechGirls club in their country (for MENA and Central Asia participants)
- Become part of the TechGirls network of over 238 alumnae
- Join the U.S. Department of State alumnae network