Since January 2021, Legacy International has been supporting, and training TechGirls alumnae to serve as official Officers in the newly created TechGirls Alumnae Advisory Council. In this role, they actively engage in community educational programming and continue to inspire and activate other TechGirls Alumnae. In addition, they are now core coordinating team members of TechWomen and TechGirls Clubs, and liaisons between the clubs and Legacy International. They provide essential feedback and suggestions to improve alumnae activities. As a result of a yearlong commitment to the Advisory Council, they can list their achievements on resumes, train new incoming members, and acquire public speaking skills.
TechGirls Alumnae Officers exemplify the following:
- Are active mentors in their communities;
- Advocate for and exemplify the impact of investing in women as STEM leaders; and
- Build opportunities for youth engagement through STEM trainings, workshops and service activities.
Officers of the Advisory Council receive the following professional development training:
- STEM Training
Highlights from our Officers:
- Our TechGirls Alumnae Officers hosted TechGirls Instagram takeovers the week of International Women's Day to honor Women’s History Month/International Women’s Day. Yasmina (Lebanon 2019), Adya (USA, 2020), Sadyia (Uzbekistan, 2019), Zaineb (Tunisia, 2019)
- Farah (Jordan, 2017) hosted a C++ introductory Coding course for TechGirls alumnae
- Sura (Jordan, 2017) is spearheading a one-to-one mentorship program for the Jordanian TechWomen-TechGirls club between TechWomen and TechGirls
- Tayma (Palestinian Territories, 2017) and Asmaa (Morocco, 2017) hosted a LinkedIn webinar for TechGirls alumnae to teach them best practices in developing a profile, growing their network and enhancing their own personal brand
- Sixteen Council members from across Central Asia, MENA have committed to share their project development experience as mentors in the 2021 TechGirls program.
TechGirls at the World Summit on the Information Society Forum 2021
TechGirls hosted a panel on female STEM leaders at the World Summit on the Information Society Forum 2021, which represents the world’s largest annual gathering of the ‘ICT for development’ community. The WSIS Forum is co-organized by ITU, UNESCO, UNDP and UNCTAD. The theme of the Forum was ICTs for Inclusive, Resilient and Sustainable Societies and Economies (WSIS Action Lines for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals).
The TechGirls alumnae council officers who participated: Asmaa (2017, Morocco), Tayma (2017, Palestinian Territories), Ruhee (2020, USA), Yasmina (2020, Lebanon), Sevara (2019, Uzbekistan), Lara (2012, Palestinian Territories), Haoua (2016, Algeria).