TechGirls teams up with several private sector partners for a day of job shadowing.
- Gain exposure to a variety of careers in the technology sector
- Gain a better understanding of the job elements of their career interest.
- Learn what type of education is needed to gain entry to this career.
- Make contact with a potential future employer.
- Determine if the career is compatible with their interests and abilities.
- Build opportunities for mentorships with other women in tech
- Build confidence in young women to pursue higher education and careers in technology
- Experience American-style work life; understand the work/life balance
- Gain exposure to collaborative work environments and innovative thinking
To be a partner contact: TechGirls
Previous partners have included the following innovative companies:
Ashoka, AT&T, Bully Pulpit Interactive, Corporation for National & Community Service, echo&co, Facebook, FCC, Google, Health and Human Services, Islamic Relief USA, iStrategies Lab, Microsoft, National Building Museum, OhMyGov Inc., Precision Network, Relief International, Synoptos, TechChange and Verizon Communications.