TechGirls is a full and intensive training program in a safe and secure setting. Participants are involved in university level training, gaining high level skills, and immersing themselves in American culture.
- Improve participants’ ability to enter tech fields and gain access to higher education.
- Connect TechGirls with tech professionals in mentoring relationships
- Enable participants to implement a concept/idea/model learned during the program in their home country.
- Increase access to resources and networks that support their interests and educational goals.
- Increase participants’ usage of on-line venues for collaboration between U.S. and MENA peers.
- Increase virtual and real -time collaboration on ways to address societal issues (i.e. employment opportunities, engaging youth in service, public health awareness, etc.).
- Increase commitment to civic engagement and participation.
- Equip participants for implementing follow-on activities in their home communities that support their future academic and professional goals in the technology field.
From July 11 to August 3, 2017, 28 TechGirls enjoyed:
- Leadership Development Clinics
- 50 hours of computer instruction on campus of Virginia Tech
- Job Shadow Day with Tech professionals in Washington DC
- Community Service experiences
- Loads of sightseeing
Interested in TechGirls 2018? You must contact the US Embassy in your country for an application.