During the summers of 2015 and 2016, 36 US teens and adults participated in a 27-day program focused on the theme of environment and climate change. Participants explored sustainable resources practices and work cooperatively with Cypriot peers to promote environmental stewardship.
US Teens became CULTURAL AMBASSADORS
- Gaining valuable skills in DIALOGUE, community ORGANIZING, environmental ACTION
- Traveling to Cyprus as a Citizen AMBASSADOR for a life-changing experience
- Building FRIENDSHIPS with youth from different ethnic, religious, and national groups
- Promoting MUTUAL understanding between the United States and people of Cyprus
- Developing environmental AWARENESS and action campaigns in both countries
- Expanding civic PARTICIPATION and COMMITMENT to community development
- SHARING knowledge and skills with peers through POSITIVE action and encouragement
- Returning home with skills and ENTHUSIASM to create positive, SUSTAINABLE change and promote global thinking.
For another great youth program visit the Global Youth Village
The American Youth Leadership Program (AYLP) is a leadership training and exchange program for U.S. high school students and adult mentors. It is supported by a grant from the US Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and administered by Legacy International.