Legacy’s Commitment to Creating COVID-Resilient Programs
Legacy International has a 40+ year track record providing safe and enriching programming. During this pandemic, our Health & Safety Team continuously monitors the global and local health advisories. In 2021, we are adjusting how in-person exchange programs and our summer camp (the Global Youth Village) are delivered so preventative measures to mitigate the spread of communicable diseases is at the forefront. The safety of our staff, participants, program partners and their families is our priority. All staff will benefit from a rigorous training and testing as we implement these plans and once again enjoy rewarding cultural immersions. Details will be share with those chosen for interviews.
POSITIONS OPEN (as of July 12, 2021): No paid positions are open at this time. Please check in late summer or early Fall!
Fall Internship openings (volunteer, virtual or hybrid):
- TechGirls Program Development Internship (virtual only)
- TechGirls Social Media Internship (virtual only)
- International Program Development & Communications Internship (virtual or hybrid for those based in the DC Metro area)
INTERNSHIPS with Legacy International, at this time, are remote/virtual, with limited, optional in-person engagement for those who live near one of Legacy’s offices (Bedford, Virginia OR in the Washington, DC metro area). Legacy International is seeking talented university students (graduate or undergraduate) or recent graduates with a passion for civic engagement and international understanding. Fall intern openings are noted above.
Reflections from recent Legacy interns:
- “I’ve grown so much since starting this internship! This was my first internship, so I developed both my hard and soft skills. I’ll be able to take my knowledge of proposals with me along with new social media techniques. This internship is a perfect fit for a student. I gained valuable work and personal experience through a flexible and an accommodating work schedule.” ~ A.C., New Jersey. Served as TechGirls Intern
- “I think this is a great organization from which to learn about different aspects of nonprofit communications and management. Culturally, everyone is so encouraging and helpful, which makes it an exciting and supportive place to learn, work, and try new things.” ~ D.S., Virginia. Communications Intern & an alumni from a Legacy exchange program)
Thinking of applying?
- Legacy International relies on a wide array of dedicated staff, interns, and volunteers to provide a variety of programs and services that promote international understanding through our training programs, international exchanges, Global Youth Village camp, and volunteer homestay opportunities. Our staff team is Legacy’s most valued asset. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive work place, which is at the core of our mission and values. We provide a stimulating work environment and opportunities to design and participate in a wide range of programs with local, regional and global impact.
- Legacy’s policy is to provide Equal Employment Opportunity to all employment applicants and to all employees, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Accordingly, employment applicants are considered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or ancestry, gender, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, military status or any other status covered by applicable laws.
- Our Human Resources Manager works collaboratively with other Legacy staff to attract a diverse array of qualified talent that embody Legacy’s mission and values. An applicant’s qualifications are carefully evaluated along side the job requirements. If an applicant’s knowledge, skills and experience potentially fit the position, we will contact the applicant. Please know we will contact you at some point during a hiring cycle to let you know the outcome of your application with us, but due to the volume of applications received, we are not able to accept phone calls, and cannot always respond to emails in a timely fashion. we strive to keep a “human touch” back in human resources!