POSITIONS OPEN (as of Nov. 9, 2020):
No job openings at this time. NOTE: we anticipate paid short term seasonal openings to be posted in early 2021. Check back!
INTERNSHIPS with Legacy International, at this time, are remote/virtual, with limited, optional in-person engagement for those who live near one of Legacy’s offices (Bedford, Virginia OR in the Washington, DC metro area). Legacy International is seeking talented university students (graduate or undergraduate) or recent graduates with a passion for civic engagement and international understanding. Now accepting intern inquiries for the Winter/Spring, 2021 (beginning Jan. or Feb.).
CURRENT INTERNSHIP OPENINGS INCLUDE:
- International Youth Exchange & Social Media Internship – Jan 11 – May 14, 2021. Remote/virtual, 20 hrs/week. Volunteer. For a person interested in international exchanges, communications, and marketing, this internship offers a way to meaningfully contribute to varied projects serving youth audiences. Deadline to apply: Dec 11, 2020. US-based applicants only.
- International Program Development & Communications Internship – Feb 2 – May 6, 2021. (Dates are negotiable.) Remote/virtual, 20-36 hrs/week. Volunteer. For a person interested in international exchanges, communications, and marketing, this internship offers a way to meaningfully contribute within varied Legacy projects serving both youth and adult audiences. Deadline to apply: Dec 11, 2020. US-based applicants only.
- International Program Development & Evaluation Internship (Professional Fellows Program) – Jan 11 – Apr 30, 2021. (Dates are negotiable.) Remote/virtual, 16-30 hrs/week. Volunteer. For a person interested in international exchanges, program development, partnership development/management, data management, monitoring and evaluation, this internship offers a way to meaningfully contribute in this multi-faceted project serving “budding” adult social entrepreneurs. Deadline to apply: Dec 11, 2020. US-based applicants only.
Thinking of applying?
- Legacy International relies on a wide array of dedicated staff, interns, and volunteers to provide a variety of programs and services that promote international understanding through our training programs, international exchanges, Global Youth Village camp, and volunteer homestay opportunities. Our staff team is Legacy’s most valued asset. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive work place, which is at the core of our mission and values. We provide a stimulating work environment and opportunities to design and participate in a wide range of programs with local, regional and global impact.
- Legacy’s policy is to provide Equal Employment Opportunity to all employment applicants and to all employees, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Accordingly, employment applicants are considered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or ancestry, gender, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, military status or any other status covered by applicable laws.
- Our Human Resources Manager works collaboratively with other Legacy staff to attract a diverse array of qualified talent that embody Legacy’s mission and values. An applicant’s qualifications are carefully evaluated along side the job requirements. If an applicant’s knowledge, skills and experience potentially fit the position, we will contact the applicant. Please know we will contact you at some point during a hiring cycle to let you know the outcome of your application with us, but due to the volume of applications received, we are not able to accept phone calls, and cannot always respond to emails in a timely fashion. we strive to keep a “human touch” back in human resources!