POSITIONS OPEN (as of November 5, 2018):
- Assistant Grants Manager – This is a full time, salaried position with opportunities for advancement. The Assistant Grants Manager works in close collaboration with the Senior Grants Manager (CFO) to coordinate the financial management and control for multiple grant accounts (federal and non-federal). This person also supervises the work of bookkeeping and payables staff who service those accounts, and provides timely summaries and analysis of financial status and performance to the grants’ Program Directors and the Senior Leadership Team. Applicants preferred who reside within a hour or less radius of Legacy’s home office in Bedford County, Virginia. (This is not a remote position.) Resumes accepted until December 3.
- Global Youth Village: Bedford, Virginia, temporary summer positions open for youth mentors / cabin counselors, teachers/trainers, administrative staff and support staff – food service & health care. 2019 Dates, TBD (late June- late July). Housing, meals and salary provided. We will begin accepting applications in January 2019. (Rolling deadlines.)
Internships with Legacy International are based out of Legacy’s home office in Bedford, Virginia OR in the Washington, DC metro area. Legacy International is seeking energetic, talented university students (graduate or undergraduate) or recent graduates with a passion for civic engagement and international understanding to join Legacy’s team.
Now accepting inquires for 2019 internships:
- 2019 DC Based Program Development & Communications Internship – Part time, volunteer only. Based in Washington, DC area. Dates: Feb – May, 2019.
Thinking of applying?
- Legacy International relies on a wide array of dedicated staff, interns, and volunteers to provide a variety of programs and services that promote international understanding through our training programs, international exchanges, Global Youth Village camp, and volunteer homestay opportunities. Our staff team is Legacy’s most valued asset. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive work place, which is at the core of our mission and values. We provide a stimulating work environment and opportunities to design and participate in a wide range of programs with local, regional and global impact.
- Legacy’s policy is to provide Equal Employment Opportunity to all employment applicants and to all employees, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Accordingly, employment applicants are considered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or ancestry, gender, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, military status or any other status covered by applicable laws.
- Our Human Resources Coordinator works collaboratively with other key Legacy staff to facilitate attracting and developing the qualified talent that embody Legacy’s mission and values. An applicant’s qualifications will be carefully evaluated against the job requirements. If we feel that an applicant’s knowledge, skills and experience fit the position, we will contact the applicant. Please know we will contact you at some point during a hiring cycle to let you know the outcome of your application with us, but due to the volume of applications received, we are not able to accept phone calls, and cannot always respond to emails in a timely fashion. we strive to keep a “human touch” back in human resources!