POSITIONS OPEN (as of February 13, 2019):
- Global Youth Village: Bedford, Virginia, temporary summer positions open for youth mentors / cabin counselors, teachers/trainers, administrative staff and support staff – food service & health care. 2019 Dates. Housing, meals and salary provided. Now accepting applications! (Rolling deadlines.)
- Saudi Young Leaders Exchange Program (SYLEP): seeking a Washington, DC area based, temporary Program Coordinator/Trainer/Trip Leader; June 1 through July 31, 2019. Application deadline: March 15.
- Saudi Young Leaders Exchange Program (SYLEP): seeking U.S. university student leaders (rising seniors, graduate students or recent graduates) to serve as Cultural Ambassadors / interns in July, 2019. Preference given to applicants from (or studying in) one of SYLEP’s host communities: Austin, TX, Pittsburgh, PA or Chicago, IL. Application deadline: March 15.
- TechGirls: hiring a Group Leader, June 30 through August 1, 2019. Full time, temporary with some regional travel. This is a residential position. Application deadline: March 15.
- More seasonal summer positions to be posted soon!
INTERNSHIPS with Legacy International are based out of Legacy’s home office in Bedford, Virginia OR in the Washington, DC metro area. Legacy International is seeking energetic, talented university students (graduate or undergraduate) or recent graduates with a passion for civic engagement and international understanding to join Legacy’s team. (Current internships are filled. Now accepting internship inquiries for the summer months.)
Thinking of applying?
- Legacy International relies on a wide array of dedicated staff, interns, and volunteers to provide a variety of programs and services that promote international understanding through our training programs, international exchanges, Global Youth Village camp, and volunteer homestay opportunities. Our staff team is Legacy’s most valued asset. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive work place, which is at the core of our mission and values. We provide a stimulating work environment and opportunities to design and participate in a wide range of programs with local, regional and global impact.
- Legacy’s policy is to provide Equal Employment Opportunity to all employment applicants and to all employees, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Accordingly, employment applicants are considered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or ancestry, gender, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, military status or any other status covered by applicable laws.
- Our Human Resources Coordinator works collaboratively with other key Legacy staff to facilitate attracting and developing the qualified talent that embody Legacy’s mission and values. An applicant’s qualifications will be carefully evaluated against the job requirements. If we feel that an applicant’s knowledge, skills and experience fit the position, we will contact the applicant. Please know we will contact you at some point during a hiring cycle to let you know the outcome of your application with us, but due to the volume of applications received, we are not able to accept phone calls, and cannot always respond to emails in a timely fashion. we strive to keep a “human touch” back in human resources!