Mission and Vision
Legacy is dedicated to promoting peace by strengthening civil society and fostering a culture of participation worldwide.
We train and mentor community leaders, youth, professionals, and governmental and non-governmental administrators, helping them to develop and implement practical, community-based solutions to critical issues.
Community by community, we strive to leave a lasting Legacy of:
- Increased and sustainable citizen participation in local problem solving
- Increased capacity in non-governmental organizations
- Increased cross-sectoral collaboration
- More constructive options and opportunities for the next generation
- New vision and skill among community leaders
- Hope, tolerance, and community engagement.
Legacy International is affiliated with the United Nations through its ECOSOC special consultative status and listed as a Private Voluntary Organization with USAID.