Who We Are
At Legacy we believe that the most effective and sustainable solutions come from strong civil society and social innovators. Since 1979, we have been working to help citizens create increasingly cooperative and productive lives; strengthening civil society so citizens can sustainably address their most pressing issues.
- We recognize the constructive and stabilizing role that rule of law and informed and motivated citizen participation plays in a community’s success.
- We recognize the values of the community, encouraging those we work with to draw on the strengths of their religious and cultural values.
- We use modern technology and methods, like social networking and distance learning to creatively combine cutting edge innovations with traditional values and beliefs.
- We offer comprehensive strategies of management and leadership, making organizations and individuals models of accountability, ethical practices, and efficiency.
- We follow through after programs; offering organizations and individuals a progressive array of services and specialized support as they face new obstacles and achieve new successes.
“Each of us is shaping history. Each of us can help direct the course of the future: toward greed, self-centeredness, and violence—or toward peace, security, and well-being for all.” J.E. Rash (President and Founder, Legacy International)