The TechGirls Program selection process is conducted by the US Embassy in each participating country. If you are a prospective applicant, please go to the US Embassy website in your country for more information on applying to TechGirls.
Age requirement: 15-17 years old.
Four girls from each of the following countries are selected: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, and Tunisia.
English fluency is a plus.
When asked – What career would you like to pursue? …their responses included:
- Genetic Engineering, Physics and Computer science
- Computer engineering,
- Community Development
- Electrical engineering
- Medical engineer- x-ray technician
- Architectural engineering,
- App designer and professional programmer
- Software and Hardware developer and designer
- Invent like Steve jobs. Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates
- Biotech engineer
- Astrophysicist or psychology
- Creator of technology to promote use of renewable energy
- Ambitious, modern, responsible, diligent
- Friendly, open-minded, dreamer, sociable
- Hard worker, strong willed, enthusiastic
- Perseverance, determined, honest, just
- Team player, curious, smart, fun
- Charismatic, and a leader
TechGirls seeks families in the Roanoke VA area to host 1-2 participants July 28-31, 2016. This is a time to share family activities and sightseeing. More information about this hospitality opportunity.