Iraqi Youth Leadership
The 2013 ‘I Speak Change’ Session at the Global Youth Village will bring together diverse teens from the U.S. and Iraq for a chance to meet, learn about each others’ lives and cultures, and explore what it means to be a global citizen. Together, participants from both nations will engage in dialogue, learn skills for community action, and discover how to make a difference both locally and globally.
The goals of the program are to:
- enable participants to understand civic participation and the rights and responsibilities of citizens in a democracy
- develop leadership skills
- foster understanding and build relationships across ethnic, religious and national groups
- promote mutual understanding between the people of Iraq and the U.S.
In 2013, Legacy is offering places for 20 US youths only. U.S. teens ages 15-17 interested in applying for this unique leadership program, please download and complete either the IYLEP Application.docx or IYLEP Application. pdf
Program Dates: June 24 through July 9
- June 24-28, 2013 -Leadership Training with Iraqi Youth In Washington D.C.
- June 28-July 9, 2013 -Travel to the Global Youth Village international summer program in Virginia for hands-on peace building/dialogue training, more leadership training and exciting cultural exchange.
Application Deadline: March 22th, 2013
This program is conducted in partnership with Meridian International