Over 33 years, Legacy has helped change the lives of more than 675,000 people around the world through our programs and the initiatives created by our alumni. We are most proud of the lasting positive impact our program participants have made in their communities— educating citizens, increasing youth participation in problem solving, promoting cross-sector collaboration, and addressing critical issues on a local level.
In each of our programs we measure the effectiveness of our programs in achieving out goals through pre and post program surveys, follow-up trips, and individual reporting, and long term contact. We strive to facilitate a personal transformation in our participants and also give them the tools to make a positive and lasting impact in their community.
Some indicators of effectiveness:
- Sharing of knowledge and experience
- Shift in perceptions
- Policy influence on the local or national level
- Increase leadership in community or organization
- Cross-sectoral collaboration
- Sustainability of small grant projects and replication of models